Friday 13 March 2015

How to purchase EMS

EMS Landing page

How cool is this? Before the 1st March 2015 the only way to purchase licenses for the Enterprise Mobility Suite was through an Enterprise Agreement. Now you can purchase through Microsoft's Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) and Open programs. EMS is now more accessible than ever before.

You can read about this on Microsoft's Active Directory Team Blog




I purchased some licenses for my EMS lab from MicroWarehouse through the Open program. It was a very straightforward process. My online service contact email address was entered during purchase. I received two welcome emails from Microsoft.


The first one contained my activation key for Enterprise Mobility Suite Open.


The second email welcomed me and contained instructions for activation. I was instructed to browse to the Office 365 Portal and "Sign In OR Sign Up".


I entered the key when prompted.


.....and was ready to create my new Azure subscription. However I knew that there was also another way for me to activate my license. I chose that option.


I logged on to my Volume License Center. See "Do you have Online Service Orders that need activation? View Online Service Activations".


My licenses were waiting to be activated. I selected "Manage Activations".


 ....which prompted me to "Sign In or Sign Up". I wanted to keep the lab completely separate from my corporate subscription so I chose to create a new account. I entered my details and chose an onmicrosoft.com domain name.


This was verified. I was prompted to sign in and activate the licenses.


I also received an email to accept the terms of the Open License.


Then I was able to activate the license. 


Job done. I'm ready to start configuring my environment.


WARNING: If you see this screen you have missed a step. Go back to your email and accept the Open license agreement. DO NOT select to activate an Azure Subscription. This will only give you a 30 day free trial.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment